I am a publisher with more than 15 years experience in creating gaming websites that are used by millions of people each month. I am launching a new brand and am looking for writers to power this new publication.
I have acquired an outstanding domain with a long history in the world of video games and we will be hitting the ground running. Your work will be viewed and read widely, even when we launch.
At the moment I am looking for two types of writers. You can be either or, or both.
- Those who can write evergreen content (guides and informative articles predominantly).
- Those who are able to cover the latest esports news and events.
You need to be able to gather information from different sources and compile it into in-depth, readable and helpful guides and/or informative articles for other gamers. You will not be writing news, reviews or opinion pieces. It will be factual content about games.
You need to be extremely passionate and knowledgable about the esports scene and of course be an exceptional writer. You will be covering the latest news about esports games, players, events, etc.
- Exceptional writing ability
- Perfect grammar, punctuation, and formatting skills (WordPress)
- Basic article SEO knowledge (titles, headings, file names, etc)
- Passion and motivation
- The ability to commit to writing for the site long-term
Your work will be seen by millions of readers and I am offering a long-term, competitively paid position in the company.
Please answer these questions in your application:
- Ideally, after you are up and running, you would be able to work without much supervision. What are you methods for finding breaking news AND/OR gathering information from different sources to write guides/informative articles?
- What games/aspects of gaming are you most and least comfortable with? What gaming topics would you most like to write about?
- Can you come up with new and refreshing ideas for informational articles that other gamers would find interesting? Please list some example headlines.
- What topics and issues in the world of video games do you think are important right now? Note your response to this question must be at least 100 words.
- Please provide at least two published reference articles that you have written.
- You can be based anywhere
- You must be able to dedicate at least 10 hours per week to the site (20+ is preferred).
- When applying for this role, please include the word “firex” at the start. This is so I know you at least read this entire job post.
- There will essentially be as much work as you can handle. This could be a full time role for the right person or people.
- Please include your Twitter handle (if you have one) with your application.
You must sign in to apply for this position.