Website Sirus Gaming
Bringing the Latest Stories About Video Games
Hello, everyone. I’m Lex, the co-founder and Editor-in-Chief at Sirus Gaming.
Sirus Gaming is a passionate gaming publication that encourages a writer’s creative freedom. We also think about growing writers as who they want to be and we do not hold you back if you have your own persona in the way you write.
We are looking for interested gamers who would love to publish their opinions and criticism on games, and even about the happenings in the games industry, through writing.
If you are an inexperienced writer, do not worry, you will have the best editors who will give you feedback.
Unfortunately, due to our relatively small size, we will not be able to pay you in currency at the moment, but our Business Development person is doing the best she could to get advertisers so we can incentivize everyone through article performance. But what we can offer are:
- Grow as a writer. If you are looking for an avenue to grow as a writer and build your portfolio, then Sirus Gaming is the right place for you.
- Access to all of our games through the Sirus accounts.
- Get press access to events (if there are any)
- Get a chance to review games on launch (or pre-release, still highly dependent on our contacts)
- Improvement as a writer.
- Be your source of reference when applying for a job.
Here’s what we expect from you:
- An open mind when receiving feedback.
- One (1) feature/opinion article a month to know if you are still active within the group.
- Meet deadlines when assigned to an article or a game to review.
- Know how to navigate through CMS like WordPress (if you’re not familiar, we can always train you)
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO) knowledge. (don’t worry, we can always teach you)
- Open communication. It’s always best to inform your editors if you’re unable to meet deadlines. Don’t be shy.
If you’re interested, here’s how to apply:
- Write an e-mail to email@example.com with a subject line of “Applying as a Contributor”
- Include your name, where you’re from, and a short bio of yourself. What consoles do you own, your preferred genres, and top three (3) games.
We will then get back to you with a quick interview schedule on our Discord channel.
We appreciate your time.
You must sign in to apply for this position.