Sick Critic is a game and entertainment media outlet that is focused on bringing engaging content to our audience and forming a long-lasting community. We are looking for passionate writers to represent our site in the most professional way possible. We are currently only looking for voluntary positions at this time, with eligibility for our paid system after training.
We are primarily looking for writers interested in film and TV-based media at this time. Our website is going through growth and emphasizing opinion/feature pieces and reviews in this sector.
What We Do:
Sick Critic will be covering relevant news stories, reviews, analysis, opinion/feature pieces, and podcasts.
Positions Available and Requirements:
- Must be able to cover breaking news while the story is still relevant.
- Capable of working on your own without specific assignments.
- Able to find a unique perspective on a story that has not been covered by rival sites.
- Excellent command of the English language.
Have a unique voice and a sense of humor in your writing style.
- Meet deadlines promptly. Review copies will be provided when available.
- Willing to learn and accept constructive criticism.
Features/Opinion piece writers:
- Able to pitch ideas for articles on a weekly basis.
Provide high-quality pieces to draw in readers.
- 500 word minimum for each article.
- Creative writers who are willing to work on their own time to formulate pitches.
How to Apply:
Submit your formal application here
Applicants for future paid positions must provide previously published work and will be kept on file so we can contact you. We have a Pay System for long-term writers.
Whether you are an experienced journalist or looking to get your foot in the door, Sick Critic is the perfect place to start. We look forward to hearing from you.
You must sign in to apply for this position.